DIRECTOR OF SALES
We are moving aggressively with sales, marketing, and drive to market UXTV™. We are seeking a sales leader who can bring the power of UXTV™ to the attention of potential customers- both advertisers directly, and their agencies.
The Sales Director will drive efforts to expand and grow UXTVs™ market share. You’ll do this by creating and building relationships at all levels in companies that advertise- directly, or with agencies. You will need to introduce UXTV™ into the marketplace: evangelize the product, speak to its technical capabilities, and become expert in educating potential clients in the system. We are looking for an ad tech industry veteran, with subject matter expertise with proven new business development experience and the contacts and ability to convince potential clients to try a new product.
We’ll look for you to prove that you have experience selling as a consultative partner that can communicate the value proposition of interactive TV advertising to key decision makers at advertisers and agencies.
You will need to be self-directed in identifying opportunities, building a pipeline, and executing the full sales life cycle, from the initial outreach through the signing of the contract. That will include identifying and engaging new prospects, understanding client needs, developing proposals, working with product and business development leads, technical product demonstrations, and closing deals.
- Create the plan to hit revenue target
- Have strong active relationships with clients at all levels
- Understand the ad tech space and how UXTV™ fits within it: agencies, ad servers, publishers, advertisers, and media planners
- Communicate UXTVs™ value proposition, technology, processes, partnerships to prospects and other industry participants
- Plan, execute and coordinates sales activities
- Leverage external relationships and personal network to generate sales leads
- Drive all phases of the sales lifecycle: identify and develop leads; qualify the leads; understand client needs; meet with clients; develop the value proposition; structure deals; negotiate deal points; negotiate contracts; and close.
- Ensures all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in Salesforce.com
- Actively participate in the industry on behalf of BrightLine to build the brand and connections: trade shows and other events, and online.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA a plus.
- 8 + years experience in online/digital/video advertising in an outbound sales capacity
- Experience with ad serving, connected TV, SaaS
- Has the “hunter” mentality with the demonstrated ability to inspire this competency in others
- Experience in the competitive landscape and with knowledge of rich media advertising business.
- Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships, internally and externally
- A proven existing network of established relationships that can be leveraged from day 1
- Is comfortable with sales quotas
- Exceptional strategic thinking on behalf of clients needs
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities concurrently; ability to consistently set and meet deadlines
- Intellectually curious and creative
- Professional, outgoing, confident with sound written and presentation skills
- Strong follow through skills and ability to continue relationships through the lifetime of the client
- A sense of urgency and commitment to push hard when the time comes
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Position: Full Time
- Location: New York, NY
- Office Hours: 9-6 (flexible)
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, bonuses, stock options, medical and dental benefits
Fun, hungry, ambitious and intelligent – we have a great culture at BrightLine
and are experiencing major momentum in our publisher outreach due to the commitment and excellence of our people. We are building a business that’s fun to come into each morning and drives individuals to reach their full potential. We are looking to build on what is already an amazing culture.
BrightLine is the industry leading provider of rich media advertising on television. The company provides advertisers, agencies and content distributors with best in class TV advertising products that combine the best of TV and digital. BrightLine’s proprietary User Experience Television™ (UXTV™) product suite is turn key and built to achieve maximum reach and scale. The products have the proven ability to effectively reach and connect brands with converged TV and Digital consumers, consistently delivering the top results in overall consumer engagement and ad performance across all video advertising channels. Learn more about how BrightLine is revolutionizing advertising at www.brightline.tv or follow them on Twitter @BrightLine_TV.